My poor husband broke his collar bone today. He went for a bike ride with his friend this morning and as they were coming down a hill, Lance accidentally tapped the brakes as he was getting a drink and went flying. Thankfully, he was wearing his helmet.
The first thing he said to me was "I am still going to do the triathlon in September."
We are grateful that it was only a broken collar bone. Looks pretty sick.

Thanks to Lee Reese we didn't have to sit in the ER all morning.
10 comments:
I can't believe he is SMILING in the pic! OUCH! He's just tuff stuff!!!!
OUCH!!!! Yes the bone sticking out looks sick and that street burn looks seriously painful. And he's smiling?? I'm glad he wasn't hurt worse!
I'm not even sure what to say...I'm speechless. Yikes is all I can think of. Oh yeah and Owwwwch!!
Oh Man! That loooks Painful! I can't believe he's smiling in that picture~It looks too painful to be smiling:)
I was thinking the same thing as everyone else. What the heck, why is he smiling? You have one tough hubby!
sarah!! didn't we JUST talk that morning!!! what a day!! Is he o.k.? I'm sure your taking good care of him!!
WOW...OUCH...OWIE...that's all I can say, Lance,you are one tough cookie!! I hope the collar bone heals fast because I wonder about swimming with a broken collar bone. Knowing you it won't be a problem!!! We haven't been on your blog lately but Larry was checking it out and showed me. And then I saw the picture from May 8th with you and Emma,I showed it to Larry, and he said "WOW MS. Texas, what a beauty" and of course he thinks Emma is a cutie but he was talking about MS. Sarah Jane!!! Lance and Sarah you have a awesomely beautiful family...CONGRATULATIONS! I am so glad Emma was there to catch Gavin...We don't want to see any broken legs!!! Love You Guys, Cindy
Ethan and Abby sure were proud. They hadn't even made it to the gate on their bikes yesterday morning and they were shouting out, "my dad broke his collar bone!" as soon as they were within ear shot. Such excitment. Hope he is starting to feel better! What is with that grin? He must be proud too?
This is AWFUL! Oh no!
Do u need anything? Please call me for anything dinner/babysit? April
Ouch!!!! And still doing a tri? Crazy man!
Post a Comment