Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Things could be worse

The kids are back in school and you would think my days would be much easier BUT they have not been. Kate and Emma have been fighting non-stop. You know how those days go when your children can not seem to be nice to one another. Plus my sweetie has been out of town. Abby and Ethan are so good to me. After, I put Kate and Emma to bed last night they said "mom go take a bath or read a book, you need a break." So for over an hour I read (parenting books to figure out what I was doing wrong) and chatted with my mom. Sometimes the sound of my mommy's voice is all I need. That was what I needed last night. We just giggled and I felt understood. Thanks mom.

Look at Kate's face. What the. . . Trust me when I say she is naughty. She is way naughty.

Well, I did get a new camera after all for Christmas. I have been playing around with it and I LOVE it so far. Just getting used to all the new things. Once again, I am posting lots of pictures of my kids so I wont be offended if you want to go visit someone else blog. Lots of Gavin today. I was feeling his cuteness. Plus, he was the only one being nice.


What kind of look is this. What must be going on in his head. Speaking of his head. Sunday I was sitting in church listening to the prelude music. Just happy to be there on time. Sweet little Kennedy Okuda (4 yrs old), Emma's best friend, was sitting in front of us turned around and said, Gavin's head is getting BIG. I wasn't sure if I heard her right. She matter of factly repeated it again. "Gavin's head is getting BIG!" Love the honesty. Ethan grew in to his, so there is hope for Gavin.


Gavin just started rolling over. He loves to lay on the ground and play with his toys.
Ok this picture of Kate may seem random but I had to share what she did last night. I was making dinner , pizza, and Kate grabbed the bag of pepperonis and ran. She hid in the corner. A couple minutes later I hear Gavin choking and go to find that Kate has shoved a whole pepperoni into Gavin's mouth. How am I going gaurantee Gavin a save life? I hope that I can protect him. This picture was taken after the incedent. Doesn't she look sorry? . . . Pray for us.

10 comments:

Coslett's said...

lol aww sarah I feel your pain....i to remember those days! I remember one morning getting ready for church and ashley was just a baby. Heather decided she needed to vanish so heather got a blanket and put it over her then proceeded to sit on her head. I came in just in time to save her life. I giggled to when i read that your mom giggled...this to shall pass. you are doing great sarah as a mom just hang in there this to shall pass! soon they will be gone AND YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! HAHAHAHAHA just kidding! but not really.......

kimbo said...

I'm jealous of the new camera. Which one did you get? I'm kind of regretting not getting a nicer one from the beginning. Why do I listen to my husband? :) Oh well! I still don't use mine enough to justify it. Maybe in a couple more years I'll talk him into a new camera AND a new computer.

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

I love this post. I miss having a baby in the house. Looking back it was so much fun, but I thought I was going to go crazy. What parenting book are you reading. I have been trying to find one.

michelle and brady said...

Well if it makes you feel better Depp through a large river rock at Gavins head today on purpuse! Im just happy when we go a couple of months with out going to the emergency room!

The White Clan said...

Heavenly Father always makes the naughty ones the cutest. I think it helps them stay alive much longer. I have so many stories of my children being HORRID, but I will not share them, in fear of looking like a bad mother. I need the appearence of being all put together.

Rachel said...

The pictures look great. Your kids look as sweet as can be. Becca and Juddy told me that they were great when they watched them. Are you sure they aren't as angelic as they look? What kind of camera did you get? We really need to get together and play.

tiffany said...

emma & kate will out grow the fighting my younger sister and i were soooooooooooooo mean to each other when we were younger our older sister was in collage and when lenny went on his mission is when we started to get closer now i cant imagine her not in my life or be as close as we are she went wedding dress shopping with me and the sales grils were really shocked at how well we got along i was shocked that they were shocked at that

Brandy said...

What is your secret for getting such great "indoor" shots? Your lighting is always so good indoors. Do you have a flash attachment? I am still game to do an info swap with you sometime. Photoshop pointers in trade for a few photography pointers. Did you ever buy Photoshop CS3?

Tashina said...

It's nice to hear that other mom's are going through the same things. The pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

hydeeann said...

miss sarah, the pictures of your kids are what we ead YOUR blog for! no apologies needed.

thanks for your honesty! with all the great pics, your life can look too picuture perfect. you're doing a great job and are certainly not the only one feeling the way you do. bless those older children! see, it does get better. but then you have no cute, chubby, cuddly babies to snuggle or photograph. oh, the trade off! i am already weepy every time i look at grace and realize how big she is and that we are soon coming to the end of our baby days. they drive me absolutely crazy, but what would life be without them, right?! greatest joys and biggest trials all in one.