Side Note: It takes a lot for me to take my kids to the doctor. I am afraid that I have become very relaxed , almost too much, when my kids are sick. ( This can be both good and bad)
Any who, after waiting for over an hour in the tiny doctor's office with my 5 kiddos, yes Lance had to work, and them getting a swab of Gavin's snot, the doctor pretty much diagnosed RSV. (which was later confirmed) Those are scary words. I did a little research and found out that most children by the age of 2 will have had this virus. I guess I have only heard it when someone is telling about their niece being hospitalized for it. Gavin has been very irritable, miserable, had lots of mucous, bad cough, feverish, not much sleep, and hasn't been eating.
We are hopeful that this will pass soon. We are giving him Motrin every 6 hours along with breathing treatments and of course lots of TLC, he seems to be getting better slowly.
2 comments:
I hope your little guy gets better soon. Luke and Trevor had RSV as babies and they both got through it. I'm sorry you have to do breathing treatments, those are the worst!
Ahh so sorry to hear this. It would be hard to keep a baby well with 4 other kids. My kids got RSV shots last year, but did'nt qualify this hear, I sure hope they don't get it.
Post a Comment