Friday, November 14, 2008

TEXAS

Where in the world have I been lately? TEXAS for a whole week with just me and Gavin. I had a blast. Lance and I decided that since it is so expensive to fly our whole family to Georgia (that is where most of his family lives) and Texas(my family lives) that we would just take turns and visit our families at separate times. This was my week and I sure had fun. I was able to spend time with my mom & sister. We went shopping, out to lunch, made and Advent calendar, and just sat around and talked. Thanks to my very capable husband I was able to go without my 4 oldest kids. Just me and Gavin. Here are some pictures from the week.

This is my dad with Gavin.


LeAnn(my sister), Mom, Ambyr (sister-in-law), me


Me and my little brother, Mark.


Carson (my nephew) and Gavin


Me and my only two aunts, Aunt Ann and Aunt Betty


Me and my Grandma Margaret, who is over 87 and still looks amazing. This is who we named Katelyn Margaret after. She is so spunky.

(And yes, that is rope in the background, we are in Texas!!!)


Me and on of my high school BFF, Rockell Cudd Benson


LeAnn(sister), Mom and Me




So while I was in Texas my mom, sister and I decided that we should make this Advent calendar that we saw at Pottery Barn Kids. The one on the right is the Pottery Barn one. I think we did pretty good. It was a lot of work but well worth it. . . I think.



My older brother Paul had is 4th baby recently. He is darling. They named him Jesse after my grandpa. He was only 6 lbs. something.



This picture cracks me up. 4 month ol Gavin and 1 week old Jesse. Cousins.

11 comments:

Danielle said...

I found out yesterday that you even came to Texas! You better let me know when you come next time...

The Foulgers said...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! It looks like you had a blast and the advent calendar looks amazing! I'm jealous that you got away with all but one kid. Lance is the man!

tiffany said...

looks like a ton of fun your brother is way cute and gavin is huge he is a giant next to his cousin he is so cute

The White Clan said...

Oh I just want to kiss that Gavin! And bravo on the advent calendar, it looks fantastic!

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! It was fun to see all of them. Mark is so grown up. Last time I saw hime he hadn't hit puberty, yet. And now he is married. Wow

Lynn said...

And Gavin and Jesse are probably going to be very close since 4 months isn't that much difference in the long run. I loved having babies in batches with my sibs.

Ashley said...

your calendar looks awesome next to "the real thing"! i bet that was so fun having a little bonding time with gavin.

Laurie Mitton said...

Look's like you had a BLAST!!! Lance is awesome hubby being able to hold the fort down while, you were gone. You both are amazing I don't know how you juggle it all. I saw Abby at Lauren's Birthday last Saturday. Wow how fast they grow up. You and Lance have beautiful children.

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

Where do I even begin to comment on this post?!

A. your 87 year old Grandma looks amazing!!!

B. You take fantasic photos!

C. I like that you bake cookies every Monday! Now I know when to come over and see your house! lol

D. I want the Thanksgiving calendar from Potterybarn kids. I have been toying with the idea to try to make it. Did you just buy felt to make the Advent calendar?

Jennifer Napierski said...

How nice for you. I want to go to Texas so bad. It's like I transfer back to my texan self when I get there. The pic of you and your dad is so cute. You look like his little girl and could be in jr. high.

Tiffany said...

Love the pictures! It was good to see you even if it was only for 2 minutes in the hall at church!! (In the picture of you with Ann and Betty I had to look twice at Ann's dress...It looked like the middle of those circles on her dress were a little nude color!! I thought "WOW" she sure is sportin' a sexy dress!! Haha...) Looks like you had a great time.