Over 3 1/2 years ago we had the ceremonial ribbon cutting of our home on White Lion. We were so excited to be getting our dream Las Vegas home. It was much bigger and would give us space for our growing family. We thought we could live there forever. Seeing the house all empty brought back all the memories of out new home 3 years ago. It was hard to say good-bye to all the memories, both good and bad that we had here in such a short time. Thankfully, I take pictures of EVERYTHING so I can remember and cherish it all. These pictures made me a bit weepy. It sure made this all feel sooo real. Ouch!
A good friend (thanks Carla) recommended that I basically carry my camera around my neck the whole day so I would remember it all. That is what I did. Lance just rolled his eyes at me.
Landing in Indianapolis
I will post a few pictures of our "corporate housing" here in the next day or so. It has actually been refreshing to have a smaller place. A lot less to clean. We have had great "bonding" time you could say.
The kids started school today and LOVED it. They each have wonderful teachers and have made several friends.
The weather has been the biggest adjustment. It rained/drizzled for the first 2-3 days we got here and was probably 65 degrees. Burr!!!! We all look cute in our new boots, long pants and sweaters.



8 comments:
I knew things would go well for you guys! You have such optimistic attitudes. We had the primary program on Sunday and I could not help but feel like you were missing. We sure missed those cutie Martin kids and their sweet testimonies!
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that things are going so well. I have to say that our biggest adjustment leaving Vegas was the weather as well. I STILL have not adjusted and it's been a year! Hopefully your family fairs better than ours!:)
why am I crying right now?! I'm not the one that moved....I'm not the one that took such great pictures of everything from the ribbon cutting 3 years ago to the new corporate housing....I'm so sad....that house....is empty.....and we totally took our hot prego pictures there.....ha!!!
Sniffle Sniffle. When can I come visit? Geeze, I miss you. Just knowing you are not 6 hours away isn't the same. But I am grateful for your pictures! Keep them coming!
You're so on the ball - getting a new post out already. We miss you guys a ton. But I can't wait to see all your midwest adventures.
im crying boo hoo COME BACK FOR GOOD PLEASE
As your truck drove past our house with all your stuff in it, we were out front and Nedra yelled, "Let's stop it! Then the Martins can't move!" Your new flat looks nice. Glad to read that all's well!
I have not seen these pictures of your empty house and now I'm wishing I hadn't. It has brought tears to my eyes (I know...sappy) realizing the reality of what just took place in my life. Look how I turn EVERYTHING around to be about ME! I too have thought of it more like you'll be on a vacation and coming back soon. AHHHHG! WHY?
Post a Comment