
Over Memorial Day weekend we went hiking with the Okuda's to Mt. Charleston. The weather was perfect. Kin of overcast. The kids had so much fun. This was the day before Lance broke his collarbone. . . . . . man we have a lot of children.
Ethan and Abby just saved up enough money and got rip sticks (like a skateboard). Here is a picture of the E-train riding.
Gavin is making my life crazy. I can already tell he is different than Ethan. He is very active and busy. You can see the wheels turning. All I can think is OH Crap! This is how we WERE blocking off the stairs. He is determined to climb the stairs.
Aww success, I got through!
Anybody have any good ideas for redirecting the efforts of a very determined ,11 month old climbing the stairs. I just keep remembering when my friend Kim's son broke his leg from falling down the stairs. No broken bones, please.
I thought this was cute, Emma and Kate playing a game.
This is how games usually turn out at our home.
Just a cute one of Abby.
8 comments:
Hahaha! Good luck with Gavin and the stairs. Just say your prayers. Caden has had three broken bones so far... leg, collar bone, and foot. Things will get better when he can walk. (Claire still isn't walking on her own yet!)
Hahaha, you are in for it! I just say let him climb them and keep some nice pillows at the bottom in case he falls down. He'll learn after a couple spills to be careful on those stairs! What a bad mom:)!I think it was Kendra's little Kaprice who was climbing stairs at 8 months old before she could even crawl!
Amelia is just like Gavin. She started climbing the stairs a few months ago. We finally put a gate between the livingroom/kitchen so that she can't be in the livingroom unless we are in there with her.It has a swinging door that locks in the middle of it so that we don't have to move it when we want to get through. Search online, I bet you can find something that would work on or around the stairs. Amelia has fallen at least twice, it's scary!
What a adorable family!
Those pictures of Gavin remind me of when Quinn was a baby and we would try all sorts of things to block him from your stairs! All it took was one time for him to fall down our stairs at our new house and he was traumatized for a few days, then tried again so we put up a baby gate, but it looks like the bottom of your stairs is too wide for one maybe? Good luck!
oh my gosh sarah ashley and i cracked up at this post! that lil baby boy of yours is determined! reminds me of cj when he was little. this was the cutest post! thanx for a good laugh!
Wow Sarah Congrats on the potty training!
I busted out laughing when I saw how you were blocking the stairs. What a fun little boy you have. Good luck stopping him.
haha... oh man, what is it about this age? My Abigail is the same way!! We found a gate that would work for our stairs- but now she is in to everything else! Good luck!
Post a Comment