Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Best Buddies Generation 1 & 2

I was putting together a little collage of my little ones that are home with me each and every day. They are so close and love being together (most of the time. . . some of the time . . . once in a while) As I was reflecting on their relationship it made me think of when Abby and Ethan used to be home together.

Looking back at these pictures brought back so many memories. I got a little tearing eyed as I remembered all the many good times I have had with my kids. Though I am happy that Abby and Ethan are in school and growing older, I realize my time with them will just get less and less from here on. I am so grateful that I have been able to stay home with them. I have always felt so strongly about being home with my children. One day this will all be over and I will have no regrets about spending each and everyday with the ones I love the most. I feel so thankful that mine and Lance's life circumstances have always been such that I could stay in the home.


I will never forget talking with my girlfriend Michelle Krainich after her almost 2year old son passed away. We talked about how thankful she was that she was able to stay home with him. She was able to spend every minute of the day with him while he was here on earth.

I like this post. It has helped me be grateful for my life as a stay at home mom!!!!! I needed a boost. Sometimes I forget how blessed I am.

11 comments:

tiffany said...

love this post your kids are so cute i just love them abby always says hi to me and i always excpect her not to remember me becuse i dont see her to often and last night emma was way to cute she just talked with me and my mom they are the best very sweet well grounded well loved kids i enjoy beung around them and the post of gavin in the knited hats i love picture #2 and the last picture

Kacey said...

You have such cute kids! Love the one of Abby and Ethan by the tree. Remember how he used to say her name when he was about that age...in that little boy voice. This is such a sweet post and a much needed reminder(especially the last few days!)...THANK you.

The White Clan said...

That is the way that I remember Abby and Ethan. You know I have a very special spot in my heart for her.

Blissful & Domestic said...

That is how I remember Ethan and Abby. She was so cute when I taught her in sunbeams :>

Michelle Arnett said...

I love you, I love that you remember me, I love that you remember James. I love that you remember all the things we all learned from that experience. I love that he was able to help us moms appreciate just a little more how precious this time is with them. I love that he influenced your life. There is one thing I will never regret, and that is wishing I could have spent more time with him. . bc I know I spent every.single.minute with him that I could. And I will never regret all the kisses, hugs and loves I stole from him. Love you lots. Love all the pictures. YOU are phenomenal in so many ways, but photography being the one I am complimenting you on this very moment:).

Ashley said...

i LOVE this post. what sweet moments you have captured with your little ones. I've always known that when we *could* I would stay home and this makes me want it that much more!! i cant get over abby and ethan, they were so little!!

Anonymous said...

100 PERCENT ADORABLE!!
I love you all!

Kim and company said...

Amen and Amen to being blessed and recognizing it! Hugs to your family!

Lynn said...

Oh, I so much agree with you. So precious to stay home with them. Darcia

hydeeann said...

looking back at pictures and scrapbooks makes me grateful, too. such a good pick-me-up to my mothering. both your collages are touching, but the improved photography skills on the second are absolutely stunning! just beautiful.

and kate looks as darling in that polka dot shirt as my Sagey does. =)

Jennifer B said...

They are adorable!!