Monday, October 6, 2008

When I grow up . . .

I was watching TV with my kids the other day and a commercial for LA inked came on. Emma was enamored by it. I could tell she thought they were so cool. I asked her if she thought Kat (pictured below) was pretty. She said yes and then followed up by saying "I want to look like her when I grow up."



Lance is going to kill me for sharing this one . . .

We came home from our date last week and the baby-sitter mentioned that Emma had a hard night. She continued to explain that when Emma was asked to fold her laundry she said "Stop telling me what to do or I am going to slap you."

I promise I have never said that to any of my children or Lance for that matter. What in the world. She has a flare for the drama for sure. Any time we are watching Camp Rock I cringe when they say "Shut up" or anything else sassy because I know I will be hearing it the next week from Miss Emma. She really is a sweety she just repeats things she hears on TV.

7 comments:

tiffany said...

miss emma dose have alot of spunk. i have a tatoo myself. i got it a cuple months after i came home mt mission i dont mind if people know. my mom still hates the fact i have one she still gives me a hard time about haveing a tattoo (not nearly as bad as when i first got it) tattoos ar addictng at one point i wanted to get another one then remmberd how much it hurt to get one

The White Clan said...

I find myself always saying "OOOOOO they said a naughty word, we don't say that." It probably doesn't do any good but I feel like if I tell them then there is no excuse.
And don't you love when they say such sweet things to other people. I know that it makes me soooo proud!
And the tatoo thing is hard, you try to tell them the church standpoint, and then here is the world saying it is cool. And the pretend tatoos, oh my, do my boys love those? And I hate them!
What do we do? I would love to know how to handle all the above topics. When you figure it out, letme know please!

Ashley said...

i am laughing out loud right now. that emma kills me, she is such a sass. you will love those times later in life when you have the best stories though.

themechams said...

Gosh you gotta love how they just arrive with a personality. After Millie was born, Joey, three at the time said... "You know Mumma, the baby, it just isn't working out." So I am like, "isn't working out? What should we do?" And he says, "Well, Nana and Grampie seem to really like her. maybe they can take her when they leave."
Too funny. I am glad you shared that one. I LOVE FUNNY KIDS!!!!

Kricket said...

Maybe the babysitter deserved to be slapped......

April Lowe said...

Oh - I am laughing so hard right now! Watch out Sarah Jane! Emma kills me. I hope you have some place you are journaling all the funny things your kids are doing. I seriously can't stop chuckling right now. Thanks for sharing.

Laurie Mitton said...

Sarah, I feel for you. I know exactly what your going through. I think it's the age too. Emilee is the same way, I found that a good old fashioned bar of Ivory soap does the trick. It worked on me & I think I turned out semi normal.