Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Here I go again

Pregnancy in and of itself is not so bad. . .IF it weren't for the RUDE things people say. People just don't think. I know that I am a little more sensitive. Usually, the last trimester I get the constant question of "Are you having twins?" One stranger stopped me and insisted that I was having twins and that I was just not aware of it. I assured him that there was only ONE.
Yesterday, I was shopping and the sales lady, almost 7 months pregnant herself, says to me

Winchy Lady "How far along are you?"
Me "A little over 4 months."
Winchy Lady "Are you having twins?"
Me "Nope, just one."
Winchy Lady "Your pretty big, I usually don't look like that (pointing to my belly) until I am 6 months."
(Pause as I try to catch my breath, then she continues on. . .)
Winchy Lady "Because I am only 7 months now" (insinuating that we are close to the same size already)

What is wrong with people. I am sorry I had to vent. Please be careful what you say to pregnant woman. Just because we are pregnant it still feels like crap when someone says your Huge.

12 comments:

Kacey said...

WHAT?? Are you serious? Ok that is going above and beyond being rude!

Tara said...

I have seen you recently and you look great and you always look fabulous right after your babies are born! So don't mind the "winchy lady"...she probably doesn't eat!

ambyr said...

HAHA!!! I totally get the twins thing every time!!!! People are just rude, lets face it. I know you look adorable:)

Geneva said...

Ahhh...the hardest part of being pregnant in my opinion, getting big and then constantly hearing from complete strangers all about it. Did she know that this is your 5th and that this baby has 4 siblings that are as cute as models.....I'm guessing no.

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

I think the worst is when some huge lady who isn't even pregnant rambles on about how big you are. There was one lady when I was pregnant with Kali who assured me I was having twins (after I told her I already had my sonogram) she musy have been pushing 250 pounds herself, I felt like telling her , "at least I have an excuse for being big!"

Jennifer B said...

Being pregnant is just hard in its self. I think that no matter what you worry about everything. In the beginning everyone said I looked so small (so I worried about the baby being healthy) then at the end there was a lady that told me I was SO BIG that she thought I should go directly to the hospital (3 weeks later I had Marshall). Whatever!! Dumb people! You look great so just smile and think of them in a swimsuit. (OK so maybe that just made me smile when I was pregnant). =)

hydeeann said...

sarah, it's just 'cause your such a tiny person that the belly looks bigger on you than on some people! hope that wasn't rude! a very forward friend of mine asked me last month, "how far along are you?" 6 months "really? i don't remember you looking that big last time!" thanks, donna! my s-i-l, who is also prego, said after, "i wanted to punch her for you!"

hydeeann said...

okay, so i really want to fix that comment i just made because it sounds like i was calling you big and i totally was not!!!!! i was trying to say that because you are so small ANY pregnant belly on you might be more noticable than it would be on a larger person. is that better? am i still putting my foot in my mouth? and tara was right, winchy lady probably doesn't eat. i know a few of those.

Robin said...

Everytime I'm pregnant I get the "You're carrying triplets" comment even though it's always been just one baby each time. How scary is that?! Don't worry about a thing..you look fab!

Robin (Piper's mom from dance - We miss you and Emma there!)

ps. I think she was really only 2 months pregnant but lied and said she was 7 so she could justify how big she was, that winchy woman!

Michelle Arnett said...

Oh man, don't you wish you were super witty and could throw something back in her face? You shoulda said, "I am due any day now!" Haha, that would have been great. Well, the inconsiderate comments don't end after the pregnancy as I learned today. My mom ever so politely said to me, "you are ALMOST looking skinny!" WHAT? What does that mean, that I am chubby still? I was feeling pretty good about myself being back into my old pants 2 weeks out from having a baby. . but not skinny enough-She then was commenting on Kierah and said to me, "Oh Michelle, she's going to be a petite little thing. Who would have ever thought you would be capable of making a petite child?" WHAT!?! Let's be honest people just don't think before they open their pie holes. I think you are a wonderfully beautiful pregnant woman! Eat away girl, cause it only lasts 9 months! Then you have to cut it off and lose it!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, YOU ARE HOT!!!