Sunday, June 28, 2009

Big News . . . .



Over 8 years ago our family moved to Las Vegas from Sandy, UT. Abby was 2 and Ethan was 3 months old. We loved the warm weather, sunshine. and the family. Lance's aunt and uncle and cousins lived here. We were looking for an adventure and an adventure we found. We have bought our first home, added 3 children to our family, made life long friends, grown in the gospel and much much more.

A couple of weeks ago Lance was offered a job at the Eli Lilly's headquarters , which is in Indianapolis, IN. He has wanted to do this job for several years. The offer is just too good to pass up. We really feel blessed to have this opportunity. We will be moving some time after the middle of August. I am not sure how to register all the emotions that I am feeling. My friends who have now become part of my family will be so hard to leave. Honestly, I can't think of it. It just does not seem possible. I am so grateful to have them all in my life.

I will keep you updated as we move forward.

12 comments:

Heather said...

awww. This will be a wonderful new chapter in your lives! I bet it will be hard to leave your friends and loved ones in Vegas. I'm happy for you guys though! Im also happy Nick, CJ and I were able to come visit you guys for a short while and see your cute family and home! Love ya!

Samye said...

You will LOVE Indy!! That is where we just moved from!! They have so many wonderful family friendly things to do there...and you will get a big change for winter too!! We miss is- hopefully you will enjoy it as much as we did!! We still have friends there so if you need anything please let me know because we would be glad to help out!

Kacey said...

I know this is such a great opportunity for you guys but I still get depressed to think that I won't get to see you when we come to Vegas! :-(

(Hey I remember when I took that picture of ya'll!) Ethan was such a chub...and wow does he look a lot like Gavin or what!

Megan said...

I can't believe how much Ethan looks like Gavin in that picture, and Abby looks a lot like Emma there too!

We're really going to miss you guys. Lance has been the best bishop I've ever had, and you've been my favorite visiting teaching partner. It will be hard to see you go, but we're excited for you to have such a great opportunity.

- Megan Rhodes

The Foulgers said...

Wow, all I can say is congratulations on moving forward with your lives. I know we have talked about you guys leaving Las Vegas before. I know this is a move that will totally bless your lives. I hope everything goes smoothly. Keep us posted on your upcoming adventure.

Michelle Arnett said...

You all ready know how I feel about this:) I have all ready checked out how expensive it is going to be for me to fly to you. It's not too bad to be honest:) It will truly only affect me twice a year. . .it will be so much harder for your poor friends left in Vegas! I know you, and you will be just as friendly in Indianapolis as you are in Vegas so you will make more life long friends there, I am sure. You have the gift of "being a friend" thus you have so many of them. I feel like a part of my life's chapter is closing by you leaving Vegas, as weird as that sounds! I love ya Lady. Stay in touch, and I may embard you in IN before too long:)! Love ya,

April Lowe said...

Congratulations you guys! I know it will be hard to leave but the new adventure will probably be so fun. I can't believe Indianapolis is the place and that you're going so soon. Isn't it a relief to know what ya'll are going to do and to have clarity? It just won't be the same to come to Vegas for visits without you there. Good luck and keep us up to date. I can't wait to hear about the move. I hope I will see you at your Mom's at the end of July for Leann's party.

Karina said...

How exciting, scary and fun! Congrats and good for you - I'm sure you'll do so well with the change. You seem to adapt so well. And at least Lance will be able to sit with you in Sacrament Meeting now! We're building a new house right now in a new ward, and that's one of the things I'm really looking forward to is having Chris sit with us again! Good luck - will you be at the Denton Stake Reunion at the end of the month?

Kathy Faulkner said...

I'm still crying. Seriously so happy for you guys though.

jenorme said...

I heard the news when I asked why everyone in the Waterfall Ward looked so gloomy. Your family will be missed more than words can describe. We wish you the best and PLEASE keep up with you blog so we can see your beautiful family grow.

Love,

Jen Orme

Cami said...

You will all be missed. Good luck with the job transfer and such. You need to add me on your blog list so we can keep you up to date of what's going on! Hugs to you all!

Sarianna said...

Congrats Sarah! Congrats to Lance, too! You guys will do great. Vegas will not be the same without you! I hope we can keep in touch!