Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Baby Jacey

March 10th, just an ordinary day for most every one. Another day of getting the kids off for school, cleaning the house, paying bills, changing diapers. etc. . . Not for my dear friends, the Houts and their family. March 10th marks the 1 year anniversary of their sweet baby girl returning to Heavenly Father. It feels like only yesterday that I stood there watching Heather and Brian in the hospital. The look on their faces as they gently stroked their little Jacey's body and tried to digest what was happening. I remember the unwavering strength that Heather had as she comforted others. I remember Brian singing to Jacey as he rubbed her hair. I remember the spirit of peace and reverence in the room.

Today I will keep a prayer in my heart for my friends. I pray that they may feel Jacey close by and continue in their faith that our Heavenly Father knows what is best. We love you baby Jacey.


picture taken March 10th 2008

5 comments:

Tara said...

She is so beautiful! I don't know them very well, but I have been thinking about them a lot lately. I will keep them in my prayers too.

What a sweet post, thanks!

Kacey said...

Such sweet words Sarah. I'm still touched by the peacefulness of that amazing photo you took of their baby girl. I don't know the Houts but my heart goes out to them on this difficult day.

Lynn said...

That little ward of yours has certainly gone through some tragedies with your sweet husband at the helm and you as the heart. I wasn't there long enough to see most of them unfold, but have heard enough to know what a close knit, and loving group you all are. I remember thinking that my ward here in Utah was a true ward family, but that Waterfall ward was heading that way fast, just had not been a ward long enough to have arrived. People still needed to get to know one another, grow to love one another. Trials of this nature are difficult to take, but I do think you all have grown closer together through them. I, too, love the Houts, but don't know how to reach them. Will you give them my love? And thank you for reminders of how good life is. Darcia

Anonymous said...

This post made me cry. My prayers go out to them too. Bless their hearts. They are indeed lucky to have your for their friend. :)

Heather said...

Sarah, you are such a true and genuine friend. I love you. You are a sister of covenant and I am so very blessed to have you in my life. I shouldn't be amazed at your thoughtfulness in remembering us on this day. I will never forget the amount of time you spent using your talents of photography during the different events that surrounded her passing. It was an emotional time and I was strenghened by so many of the Lord's earthly angels. I also have to thank you for your ability to listen and converse. I can't count the many talks we have had where I have been enlightened by your prespective and touched by your kind words of encouragement. You truly are an ANGEL.